1985- 1989 SPECIALTY in RADIOTHERAPY at METAXA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL PIREAUS
1980-2007 laboration with Prof. Philip Angelakis MD , PhD, FRCR at Radiotherapy Hospital Hygeia Hospital , Athens . Experience with high technology techniques , the hyperfractionation schemes, and the non coplanar three dimentionally delivered radiotherapy.
1997-2007 CONSULTANT of the Greek National Health System at:
- General Hospital of Patras
- Theagenion Anticancer Hospital Thessaloniki
- the University Hospital of Thessalia
Experience in the daily delivery of treatment in thousands oncology patients.
2004 MEDICAL THESIS ON HEAD AND NECK VOLUMETRY, ARISTOTELEION UNIVERSITY THESSALONIKI, GREECE
2007-2009 member of the GMC, SCOTLAND
As a Locum Staff Grade in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Hospital and in The Beatson Oncology Center I gained experience in,
- Prostate cancer. The Hormonal manipulations and the 3-D delineation with MRI guidance. The Hypofractionated schemes in prostate cancer (CHIIPP trial ). The role of chemotherapy ( STAMPEDE TRIAL ).
- Lung cancer . Chemoradiotherapy and conformal planning techniques.
- Bladder cancer. Treatment planning and daily delivery of treatment. Combination with chemotherapy drugs.
- Upper GI tumours, gastric , oesophangeal and pancreatic. Chemo radiation schemes, the toxicity and the follow up of the patients.
- General principles of Chemotherapy treatment. The daily delivery , the symptomatology , the chemo- radiotherapy protocols.
Since March 2010
Clinical Oncologist and Radiotherapy Consultant at the Radiotherapy Department of INTERBALKAN MEDICAL CENTER, Thessaloniki
- VMAT RADIOTHERAPY
- 3-D CONFORMAL Radiotherapy
- Chemoradiotherapy techniques for Organ Salvage Therapies ,larynx, oropharyngeal , tongue , nasopharynx
- Induction chemoradiation for rectal cancers.
- Head and Neck cancers
- Radical Radiotherapy of Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer, post lympectomy adjuvant radiotherapy
- Breast cancer , post mastectomy irradiation of chest wall and lymph nodes
- Lung cancer , Hypofractionated schemes
- Adjuvant radiotherapy in gastric and pancreatic malognancies
- Brain tumours
- Skin cancer
Member of the Oncology Multidisciplinary Team of the Hospital.